• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

under 21 beaten by bar bouncer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

call911

What is the name of your state? California.

A fight broke out at a bar, and as we were leaving to the parking lot (supermarket) next to the venue, i got chased and tackled down by 3 bouncers. Couldn't tell what was going on since i was in a headlock, i got punched and lost a front tooth and got a busted lip. I want to press charges against the bar, but I am under 21. Do I still have a case? By the way does the fact that the crime occured outside of the bar on property such as a supermarket parking lot help me in any way?

JarMow

call911 said:
What is the name of your state? California.

A fight broke out at a bar, and as we were leaving to the parking lot (supermarket) next to the venue, i got chased and tackled down by 3 bouncers. Couldn't tell what was going on since i was in a headlock, i got punched and lost a front tooth and got a busted lip. I want to press charges against the bar, but I am under 21. Do I still have a case? By the way does the fact that the crime occured outside of the bar on property such as a supermarket parking lot help me in any way?
First, you always have a case, but it may not win. But to give you my opinion, I'm going to need the full story. Why were they chasing you? What events precluded you getting beaten?

call911

JarMow said:
First, you always have a case, but it may not win. But to give you my opinion, I'm going to need the full story. Why were they chasing you? What events precluded you getting beaten?
Ok bar was closing up, a fight broke out outside. We hung around and watched then headed home to our car. On the way to the supermarket parking lot nearby, picked up a flashlight that was on the ground. started messin with it, and one of the security saw and demanded it back (assuming it was his?). my friend had a few drinks and decided to mess with them by throwing the flashlight away in an empty area, directed at NOBODY. right after he threw it they came rushing. they took my friend down to the ground, and i tried to pick them off him. one security turned around and put me in a headlock and next thing i know, i went crashing to the concrete. i knew i was punched, and later found out i had a missing tooth. Now i have dental bills to take care of, and going to the doctors tomorrow to see if i have a concussion and for them to take a look at my half splitten lip. Ok the problem is i'm under 21 and I shouldn't of been at the bar. But that does not give them the right to use unnecessary force, and it also didn't occur on the bar's property. let me know what you think. thanks.

rmet4nzkx

Did you go to the emergency room immediately for treatment or make a police report? Are you waiting to see the doctor so you will have the alcohol out of your system so you won't get charged with underage drinking or dui? What have your parents said?

call911

rmet4nzkx said:
Did you go to the emergency room immediately for treatment or make a police report? Are you waiting to see the doctor so you will have the alcohol out of your system so you won't get charged with underage drinking or dui? What have your parents said?
no i did not go to the er. i know i should of had but i wasn't thinking i guess. A cop actually saw me with my busted tooth, and he just told me to get in the car and go home. My girlfriend spoke with a police officer and he just said 'these kind of things happen at these places, you guys should just go home and forget about it.' my parents did not say nothing? i'm not that young, i'm just one year shy of the drinking age.

call911

BelizeBreeze said:
Does that tell you something? :rolleyes:
I thought you meant about the fact of me being under 21. My father is pretty pissed about it because what gives security to attack someone that was not involve in a fight and knock out his tooth? Now I understand that yes I did not belong there, but c'mon, he knocked out my tooth for no damn reason. Well the reason why I got on this forum was to get some advice, not some smartass remarks. My father is going to seek legal advice from his lawyer.

rmet4nzkx

If you hadn't been there, it wouldn't have hapened now would it? Did you have a fake ID? When your dad is paying the attorney to tell him the same thing, why not ask how much an underage and DUI would cost to defend?

BelizeBreeze

call911 said:
I thought you meant about the fact of me being under 21. My father is pretty pissed about it because what gives security to attack someone that was not involve in a fight and knock out his tooth? Now I understand that yes I did not belong there, but c'mon, he knocked out my tooth for no damn reason. Well the reason why I got on this forum was to get some advice, not some smartass remarks. My father is going to seek legal advice from his lawyer.
Good. So you are going to let your father pay an attorney perhaps $500 to tell him it will cost more money to bring action against the bouncer (IF you can identify him to a certainty and IF the bouncer admits to the beating) and the bar with the slim chance that you won't be sitting in jail during the trial.

You are playing the good son aren't you? :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

BelizeBreeze said:
Good. So you are going to let your father pay an attorney perhaps $500 to tell him it will cost more money to bring action against the bouncer (IF you can identify him to a certainty and IF the bouncer admits to the beating) and the bar with the slim chance that you won't be sitting in jail during the trial.

You are playing the good son aren't you? :rolleyes:
Maybe Jacko told him it was Jesus Juice?

call911

rmet4nzkx said:
If you hadn't been there, it wouldn't have hapened now would it? Did you have a fake ID? When your dad is paying the attorney to tell him the same thing, why not ask how much an underage and DUI would cost to defend?[/QUOTE

Hey whatever happen to a simple 'no, you don't have a case'??? no need to be a smartass especially on a forum. We knew one of the bouncers and they let me in. we haven't talked with the lawyer yet so we'll see what happens. BTW, are most of the people on this forum law graduates, students, or? Well I couldn't find any past similar cases, and ran across this forum for some suggestions. but THANKS ANYWAYS :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

call911 said:
rmet4nzkx said:
If you hadn't been there, it wouldn't have hapened now would it? Did you have a fake ID? When your dad is paying the attorney to tell him the same thing, why not ask how much an underage and DUI would cost to defend?[/QUOTE

Hey whatever happen to a simple 'no, you don't have a case'??? no need to be a smartass especially on a forum. We knew one of the bouncers and they let me in. we haven't talked with the lawyer yet so we'll see what happens. BTW, are most of the people on this forum law graduates, students, or? Well I couldn't find any past similar cases, and ran across this forum for some suggestions. but THANKS ANYWAYS :rolleyes:
And now, since you decided to be stupid and go to a bar underage, drink, drive AND get the hell beat out of you, not only are you going to put your father in debt, but get the 'friend' fired.

You're really someone worth knowing. :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

You have to type at least 10 characters, so "no" is not enough. The police told you you didn't have a case, and let you off easy, you can still be charged, remember you will have to admit to underage drinking etc to press a charge and the bouncer is not going to admit they let you in. No degree from SAU is that where you are attending?

stephenk

"and i tried to pick them off him. one security turned around and put me in a headlock and next thing i know, i went crashing to the concrete. "

The moment you touched the security guard you committed an assault and battery. the guard had the right to defend himself against you. the fact you lost the fight does not mean the guard did anything criminal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">