• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Lawyers please reply with your opinion regarding this case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RinRin

What is the name of your state? Washington

Here's the situation, a baggie of marijuana was dropped at a bar, being very inebriated, I tried to go back and get the pot back. The bartender called the cops, and they charged my boyfriend and I with drug charges. During the whole time I never once had the marijuana in my possesion, and my boyfriend claimed that it was his to try to protect me. It seems to me that we have a good chance to plead not guilty and be let off because there is not enough evidence, but I would like to hear what anyone has to say about this. If you have experience with this, or are a lawyer, please respond.

Shay-Pari'e

Most on this forum do not help criminals. Yes it is a "FREE" legal site, and you just got your best advice from RMET..

My advice is to stop using and get a real life before you are in prison.

<Bill>

Since you will be sworn to tell the truth you have no choice but to admit it's
yours and the finger prints on the bag will confirm it was in your possession.

HomeGuru

RinRin said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

Here's the situation, a baggie of marijuana was dropped at a bar, being very inebriated, I tried to go back and get the pot back. The bartender called the cops, and they charged my boyfriend and I with drug charges. During the whole time I never once had the marijuana in my possesion, and my boyfriend claimed that it was his to try to protect me. It seems to me that we have a good chance to plead not guilty and be let off because there is not enough evidence, but I would like to hear what anyone has to say about this. If you have experience with this, or are a lawyer, please respond.
**A: I have both experience and I am a lawyer. You have an excellent chance to plead not guilty.

S

seniorjudge

HomeGuru said:
**A: please clarify your statement.
"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

--Sir Walter Scott

HomeGuru

Scrutinizer said:
What a Tangled Web We Weave . . . when first we practice to deceive!

Sorry, directed to the poster of this thread.
**A: then you'd better scrutinize your posts better.
Maybe name the person that you are writing to in your post for clarity and less scrutiny on the bounty.

LAWYERS IN LOVE

I can't keep up with what's been going on
I think my heart must just be slowing down
Among the human beings in their designer jeans
Am I the only one who hears the screams
And the strangled cries of lawyers in love

God sends his spaceships to America, the beautiful
They land at six o'clock and there we are, the dutiful
Eating from TV trays, tuned into to Happy Days
Waiting for World War III while Jesus slaves
To the mating calls of lawyers in love

Last night I watched the news from Washington, the capitol
The Russians escaped while we weren't watching them, like Russians will
Now we've got all this room, we've even got the moon
And I hear the U.S.S.R. will be open soon
As vacation land for lawyers in love

(c) 1983 Night Kitchen Music ASCAP
Jackson Browne

calatty

There is enough evidence because you claimed the pot as yours. A possession charge does not require proof that you had the drugs on your person, but only that you had control over it. While the corpus delicti rule would prevent you from being convicted based only on your admission, your admission, combined with the evidence of the pot, amounts to enough evidence. Cop a plea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">