• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entitled t spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcjudym

What is the name of your state? Kentucky My husband is filing for divorce. Am I entitled to spousal support? I have only been working part -time as I have a 10 year old daughter. I would need spousal support and child support because at this time has in no longer providing me with grocery money for my daughter. Also, Can I get back the grocery money I have paid when the divorce becomes final? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Spousal support is allow ONLY to provide you the opportunity to become employable. At this point, you have a job so IF spousal support is granted, it won't amount to much and it's not automatic. If your circumstances are similiar to those before you married, then it won't happen.

You will however, most likely receive child support based on his income and the needs of the child, but don't expect a windfall. As for groceries, don't hold your breath.

No one can tell you what will happen. But based on what you posted your chances are slim.

VeronicaGia

Not to mention the fact that you assume you'll automatically be given custody. If he fights it, he could get custody or at least 50% custody.

Your child is now 10. It's time to find a full time job and stop relying on a soon to be ex spouse.

nextwife

VG, ya know, sometimes I wonder why it doesn't seem MORE fair for the one who's already done all the major supporting of the household for X years to be the one entitled to be supported for a change? Maybe the s.support laws should be reversed, as in "OK, he supported YOU, NOW it's your turn to support him?" When do all these guys who did most of the supporting get their turn to just work part time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">