• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about reliability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Agnes Dei

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
This is my first time on .... and I have read some of the replies on this site... is this a ligitimate legal advice? or Is it a site for people to chat about vague questions and even more vague answers. "Fluffy Tail" leads me to believe that this site is not serious or real. I need information that will lead to a conclusion, not arguments between competing "senior members"? I am confused

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Agnes Dei said:
"Fluffy Tail" leads me to believe that this site is not serious or real. I need information that will lead to a conclusion, not arguments between competing "senior members"? I am confused
I'll assume that you're talking about my sig line. Sorry you don't like it, or don't find it serious enough. :rolleyes:

If you're looking for a legal conclusion, you likely will not get a definitive one anywhere except in court. Even in a face-to-face meeting with an attorney who you pay, the best you'll get is a legal opinion on whether you have a case and/or whether you'll prevail. What you will get is input from attorneys and others who have had some amount of experience in situations regarding (in this set of boards) Family Law.

Agnes Dei

Thank You

stealth2 said:
I'll assume that you're talking about my sig line. Sorry you don't like it, or don't find it serious enough. :rolleyes:

If you're looking for a legal conclusion, you likely will not get a definitive one anywhere except in court. Even in a face-to-face meeting with an attorney who you pay, the best you'll get is a legal opinion on whether you have a case and/or whether you'll prevail. What you will get is input from attorneys and others who have had some amount of experience in situations regarding (in this set of boards) Family Law.

I have been to court, I received the decrees and even dealt with an attorney over money's owed to me and simply was blown away. I spent 4 months and many $s getting let down. I cannot get a straight answer about where I go to get my alimony taken care of. My husband has been harrassing me for 6 years and making my life a living hell. If I didn't have to take care of our only daughter ... well you know that answer. I don't want someone's opinion, I want answers as to whether I have a case. IF I need a lawyer ... I have to find one in California where we had our divorce. P.S. Are e-mails legal to use to show harrassment? He has hacked into my computer too and I cannot prove it. He repeats exact sentences that I have written to people, and even knows what I have in my account after all he has all our numbers and the right passwords. I change them constantly ... it doesn't matter... I even went so far as to go to the SS office to change my number to get away from his prying. He has bragged many times that he has checked my finances through Real Estate means because they have a way of checking your accounts without being seen or having a hit put on your record. Marriage if for weaklings ... divorce is for warriors.

My daughter is correct, there should be a contract entered into and it should be renewable or cancelable on a regular basis like any legal dealing.

nagol818

stealth2 said:

For Free!!!

ablessin

What do you want - if you keep changing your passwords and he is getting them, change them to something WAY beyond him - you're not supposed to use anything "you"......... make it the first three letters of your car and the first three digits of your phone number, your work number, your SSN, something like that........
make it ply(mouth)889 or something........ he'll have a hard time figuring it out...change internet service providers (ISP) - buy and install a program with a firewall to give you added protection -
Change banks - he is not supposed to be able to gain your credit and banking info without your CONSENT and if you have not WRITTEN consent to him, you can sue him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if you can change your social security number, because everyone who had a problem would do that - especially to avoid paying debt...
It's all a pain in the ass - but you can take steps to stop him and then you will have proof to sue his sorry ass when he pulls this - the other thing you can do is to put a fraud alert on your SSN - - - then photo ID would be needed for any and all transactions regarding your credit. May be a pain, but you gotta do what'cha gotta do.
good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">