• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mrs. Harbour

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llharbour

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I was placed on paid administrative leave for entering a locked office and alleged that i removed items. I resigned 2 days later. I found out that i had been videotaped entering her office. they sent a letter home accepting my resignation but reserve the right to further investigate and take further action. I am not allowed on the premises for my personal items. I am told to turn keys into asst. supt. and a list of my personal items in my office for removal. supervisor told union rep that it is now a criminal investigation. I want to know my rights. Were they allowed to run a videotape without any knowledge to me or any sign being posted? What determines a criminal investigation? Will i be arrested?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To the best of my knowledge, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as long as the tape was video only and not audio, they are legally allowed to tape you in the office regardless of whether or not you know of it and without necessarily posting a sign.

We do not have anywhere near enough information to say whether you will be arrested or not. No one here has a crystal ball - at least, not one that works.

Beth3

cbg is correct. Your employer is free to video tape any areas in the workplace they wish to, other than areas where employees would clearly have an expectation of privacy such as restrooms.

Whether or not you will be charged with a crime is not something anyone here would know.

Happy Trails

llharbour said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I was placed on paid administrative leave for entering a locked office and alleged that i removed items. I resigned 2 days later. I found out that i had been videotaped entering her office. they sent a letter home accepting my resignation but reserve the right to further investigate and take further action. I am not allowed on the premises for my personal items. I am told to turn keys into asst. supt. and a list of my personal items in my office for removal. supervisor told union rep that it is now a criminal investigation. I want to know my rights. Were they allowed to run a videotape without any knowledge to me or any sign being posted? What determines a criminal investigation? Will i be arrested?
Are you serious? You enter a locked room, take some items, get caught on a video tape, and think that they should have a sign telling you that you were being video taped. You wouldn't have been caught on tape if you would have stayed out of there.

Yes, people get arrested for stealing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">