• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage consumption of alcohol...No breathalyzer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edubz31

What is the name of your state?
Wisconsin

I am a 19 year old who was at a college apartment party. The officers who arrived gave underage consumption/possession of alcohol to everyone inside of the apartment and refused to give breathalyzers upon request. I did admit to the officer that I had drank 2 beers (although this appears nowhere on my citation). Do I have any grounds to contest this citation or should I just pay the fine? Also, would I have any benefit of going to the court date and pleading guilty?

rmet4nzkx

You admitted to underage drinking, that doesn't reauire intoxication or testing for BAC. You can go to court and see if you can get into a diversion program, this may or may not require an attorney.

S

seniorjudge

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=892657#post892657

Q: Do I have any grounds to contest this citation or should I just pay the fine?

A: You confessed to the arresting officer that you had consumed alcohol. What grounds would you think you have for contesting the citation?

Q: Also, would I have any benefit of going to the court date and pleading guilty?

A: Yes, you would get it over more quickly.

Scrutinizer

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE TO

consume alcohol.
Purchase alcohol.
Have alcohol in their possession whether the container is open or not.
Transport or possess alcohol in a motor vehicle even if the container is not open.
Use fake or altered ID to purchase alcohol.

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO

Provide someone who is under 21 years of age with a fake ID.
Purchase or supply alcohol to someone under 21 years of age.
As an owner or tenant, knowingly allow someone under 21 years of age to consume or possess alcohol or controlled substances at a social gathering.

FOR THE ABOVE OFFENSES, YOU COULD

Be charged with a criminal offense.
Serve jail time.
Be ordered to pay monetary fines.
Have your license suspended and / or restricted.
Be ordered to perform community service.

SnoboarderTPH

why?

man..why would you admit anything to the police? im baffled.... your college must suck to lol, in all cases...RUN! and hope that they dont pick you.... (joke for all you tight asses out there ) :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">