• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property after warrent seziure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neuman1812

What is the name of your state? MA

About 1 year ago The state along with local police came in an took some property of some value. This was all done with a valid warrent.

I did not recieve any recipt for the items taken. The property is currently being held by the state police. They have not contacted me since that day. nor do they respond to any emails or phone calls. I have not recieved anything from any form of court, as far as i know, they have not, nor are they going to do anyhting.

Can i get this property back? How would i go about doing it?
I would like to be able to do this on my own as my financial resources are limited and i cant affored a lawyer.

S

seniorjudge

neuman1812 said:
What is the name of your state? MA

About 1 year ago The state along with local police came in an took some property of some value. This was all done with a valid warrent.

I did not recieve any recipt for the items taken. The property is currently being held by the state police. They have not contacted me since that day. nor do they respond to any emails or phone calls. I have not recieved anything from any form of court, as far as i know, they have not, nor are they going to do anyhting.

Can i get this property back? How would i go about doing it?
I would like to be able to do this on my own as my financial resources are limited and i cant affored a lawyer.
If the property is not contraband or is not being held as evidence for a crime, you should get it back. Emails and phone calls will not work. Send a certified letter return receipt requested to the agency holding your property and ask for it back; list whatever it is in detail. If they still do not give it back, talk to the prosecutor and ask him to get it back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">