• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Mailbox infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cawk1

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My home is on a corner lot. When I purchased the land 25 years ago there were
no mailboxes on the land. Two neighbors across the street placed their mailboxes on the 10 ft. easement on my side of the street. When I built my home one of the mailboxes was in front of my side entrance door. What rights,
if any, do I have in the placement of those mailboxes? The postal routes have been established and the post office told me that the boxes have to be on my side of the street, but do they have to be in front of my door or window. My mailbox is located on a different street that is in front of my house.

S

seniorjudge

You have to go by what Uncle Sam says on the placement of mail boxes.

cawk1

Louisiana

I spoke with someone at the post office and they had no problem with where the box was placed as long as it was on my side of the street. The problem is the neighbor across the street who wants his mailbox in front of my door with no respect to my wishes not to have to look at his mailbox when I look out of my window or door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">