• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crwalker2

I am from Indiana and I was a member of the U.S. Army ROTC and I am a member of the National Guard. I recently received a medical discharge from the ROTC. Does this medical discharge automatically discharge me from the National Guard?

badapple40

crwalker2 said:
I am from Indiana and I was a member of the U.S. Army ROTC and I am a member of the National Guard. I recently received a medical discharge from the ROTC. Does this medical discharge automatically discharge me from the National Guard?
Probably not, since, unless you are called up, ROTC is federal and Natl. Guard is run by the state unless you are called up by the President for national service.

Davidzill

Whenever you go to a drill, don't actively advertise the fact you were medically discharged from ROTC. The only time you will have a problem is if you are mobilized you WILL need to disclose this at SRP, and they are very strict. You could have a broken toe and be non-deployable. If you wanted that badly to stay in the gaurd then a favorable second opinion from your primary care physician would maybe prevent a discharge from the gaurd. It is a long process so honestly I think you have nothing to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">