• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred adjudication is up and has not fully been completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asmitty4life

What is the name of your state?
Texas
I was placed on deferred adjudication 10 years ago for accessory for burgulary with attempt. I was at the scene when my then fiance' shot the person who sexually assaulted me the day before. To make a long story short, I was given 10 year DA, $25,000 medical fines to pay for the injury to the defendent, and 400 community service hours. I have satisified all except the $25000 medical fees. What are my chances of not going to jail, if any. I have never been in trouble and have been an upstanding citizen. I was 18 years at the time, and now at 30, I have 2 kids and a house that both need me to take care of. Pleas advise. I will soon have to go to court. My probation officer states he will fight for me not to go to jail.

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

Q: Deferred adjudication is up and has not fully been completed

A: Then you are in violation and should expect to be hauled back into court to explain why you failed to complete the requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">