• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MD, statute of limiations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buttons7_00

What is the name of your state? Maryland

MD, statute of limiations

I got a Drug Charge for position of K, in 1999 in Ocean City, Maryland. After getting hit by the officer’s in the jail, the magistrate let me go with no bond and gave me no court date the next morning, because of all the mark’s I had on my face. I now in 2005 have no proof of what happened. I now know that they had court case that I did not know about and I now have a failure to appear. My Question is dose Maryland have a Stature of limitations or did they in 1999, it has been almost seven years and they have not picked me up yet, I have had warrant check’s run during traffic stops in VA whrere I live and there has been no outstanding warrants on fill. Will this case reach a statute of limitations or go away. I would like to add that I have not gotten any other charge's since then. What should I do?

JETX

buttons7_00 said:
My Question is dose Maryland have a Stature of limitations or did they in 1999
Nope. The SOL would only apply until the time that they bring the charges against you. There is not an SOL on an outstanding warrant.

Will this case reach a statute of limitations or go away.
Nope.

What should I do?
Contact the court or sheriff in that county and tell them that you want to resolve this problem by turning yourself in.

buttons7_00

I understand that I will have to turn myself in to correct the situation. As far as the SOL goes, a out standing warrant does not apply, for the failure to appear but would the original charge fall under a SOL, if so when would be the date? I already got the charge when the arrested me that night, the warrant is for failure to appear. Would you have any idea why the court house has this warrant on file but dose not show up when I have had checks run for outstanding warrants, I was incarcerated about a year ago in VA for a non payment of restitution, that I got the case dismissed because they garnished my check anyway before they let you out of a jail they run warrant checks in the last 7 years this charge has never shown up, the only reason I know its there is because of the non payment of fine charge this year, I had someone call Maryland to see if I owed any fines to the and found out about the warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">