• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am no longer in the military but when I was in i came across a problem. Shortly b4 I was charged with an Art 15 I found that there was a hugh problem with the paperwork in the shop. The numbers were way off and needed immediate attention. When I brought this matter to the NCO's they told me to forget about it. I was the acting assistant bay chief at the time and I felt that it was really important. I left the matter go and checked back on it in a week. Someone had gone through the paperwork and "pencil whipped" the numbers so that they were now right. I brought this matter back up with the shop chief and he told me I was stupid and just a girl and I did not know what I was talking about. I felt that this was extremely important so I went to the accounting department and informed me of the discrepancy. Two weeks later I was called to report to my commanders office in my blues within an hour. When I got there he served me with paperwork for an article 15. He told me that I had voilated a direct order, gone out of my chain of command and was disrespectful in the way that I aproached the matter. He said that one of the Tsgt's said that I had no faith in my supervisors and was giving a wrong impression to the lower ranking arimen in the shop. I went to my IG and he investigated the matter. He came back and told me that I was the one who was wrong. I came to find out later that every person in the shop (23 people) took my side except for the shop chief, my supervisor, and the TSgt that went to the commander with what I had done. They all told me that they (most of the shop) had told the IG that I was only doing what I was ordered and obligated to do and that I had done nothing wrong. I wound up fighting the Art 15 but lost. I got suspended bust and my orders to Guam got canceled. A few weeks later I received a letter from my squadron that I because of my article 15 they were selecting me for the force reduction program. I had 70 days to outprocess and then was honorably discharged. All of this for an 3 NCO's not liking me. I have lost my job, lost any respect for the military and am lost as to what I can do.
Can the IG go against what the rest of the shop says if the 3 highest ranking NCO's are against me? Isn't he obligated to inform the commander that they were the only 3 that thought I was wrong?
Can I sue?

Davidzill

Well you got a good taste of what it is like to be a subordinate in the military. Basically you really got screwed, and probably won't be able to do anything about it. It is more than likely that you won't be able to prove they chose you specifically for that NJP; they'll just say it was the luck of the draw. If you showed a pattern of misconduct with your NCO'c they could press that issue. I know the USAF and Navy are way overmanned because everyone is affraid of Iraq, and people can leave early or can get booted early. Fortunately for you, you recieved an honorable discharge. Look at what your reenlistment code is and talk to a recruiter. You could probably get away with rejoining; but in a MOS really in need of people. If your re-enlistment code is not favorable to you, then I'd say it is a time to build a case to an inspector general and push for a RE-code upgrade.

Davidzill said:
Well you got a good taste of what it is like to be a subordinate in the military. Basically you really got screwed, and probably won't be able to do anything about it. It is more than likely that you won't be able to prove they chose you specifically for that NJP; they'll just say it was the luck of the draw. If you showed a pattern of misconduct with your NCO'c they could press that issue. I know the USAF and Navy are way overmanned because everyone is affraid of Iraq, and people can leave early or can get booted early. Fortunately for you, you recieved an honorable discharge. Look at what your reenlistment code is and talk to a recruiter. You could probably get away with rejoining; but in a MOS really in need of people. If your re-enlistment code is not favorable to you, then I'd say it is a time to build a case to an inspector general and push for a RE-code upgrade.

Yeah the thing is that I had no record of insubordination and had a line number for SSGT with only about 3 years in the Air Force (this is next to impossible) I received many awards at both base and squadron level. And unlike bost females I got them because I was VERY good at what I did. I never talked back. Yes sir's and no sir's no matter if I liked it or not. My job required me to frequently travel to Iraq, Afganiztan, and Saudi. Thanks for your advice. Yeah they wanted to give me a general discharge but when they found out that I was going to be fighting it the discharge "magically" changed to honorable. I guess that they thought that I would just take the general and leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">