• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied unemployment for conflict of interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wkonyk

What is the name of your state?Florida
Your inquiry was as follows:

Date Sent: 2005-03-14 14:26:41
Your Name: WALTER KONYK
Your City: BOYNTON BEACH
Your Email: [email protected]
Visitor's Daytime Phone: 5617366078
Alternate Phone Number:
Other Lawyer Involved? No
Question involves:
Topic: Employment and Labor

:confused:
HELPED A FRIEND DO WORK FOR A FRIEND.HIS EMPLOYER CAUGHT HIM. TURNED THE INFO INTO MY EMPLOYER. MY EMPLOYER ??? ME SEVERAL TIMES AND I TOLD HIM IT WAS NOT A SIDE JOB RELATED TO HIS COMPANY. 3 WKS LATER I WAS FIRED.I FILED MY FIRST WK BENEFITS I REC'D PHONE CALL FROM A UEI REP W/ INFO SUBMITTED BY MY EMPLOYER STATING THAT THERE WERE STATEMNTS FROM TENANTS IN PLACES I HAVE NEVER DONE ANY WORK! MY BENEFIT DENIAL SAID NOTHING OF ANY STATEMENTS ON FILE & WHEN I FILED THE APPEAL AND RE'D THE DATE FOR THE APPEAL I DID NOT REC. DOCS. OF ANY STMTS AS MY PHONE MSG STD. IS IT A BLUFF? CAN THEY DO THIS?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It would be much easier to read your post, if you would not type in all caps.

From what I am understanding of your nearly unintelligible post, nothing illegal has transpired.

wkonyk

I did nothing illegal

So sorry if my typing was unclear. I did not do anything illegal. My employer is saying that it is against company policy to "moonlight". But I thought it strange that I would get a message on my home answering machine with such detail about tenants and apartment complexes I've never worked in. I have done "side jobs" for people I know as favors but not to take work away from my employer. These are personal friends that might come to me.
My hearing is scheduled for 3/21/05 and I'm not sure if I should postpone it so that I can gather more information or seek councel or if I should request copies of the statements referred to on the initial message left on my answering machine.
Thanks for any advice you can offer. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">