• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to help a friend find bio parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa198024

What is the name of your state? Ohio
i'm trying to help my friend find bio parents.we are not sure r to do this we dont have much info on them no names.just that we know they stayed in ohio then california then back to ohio.this adoption took place in 1978 the only thing we have is papers that describe them.i know thats not much to go on he is now 29 and it has affected his life very much does any one know what we can do please help

mom2J

Hello Lisa,

There are several places you can go, but I've seen a lot of action with this one.
http://forums.adoption.com/forumdisplay.php?f=222 Also, remember to register everywhere there is a free registry, for adoption. Adoption.com has a wonderful area that will explain how to search, reunion registries, and even how to make contact. They also have search angels on the boards that can advise you the best ways to find the birth family.

Another good point about that forum, is that it will give your friend the chance to also meet and talk with people in the same situations he's going through. Good luck.

Mom2J

nextwife

In addition, he may also want to consider counseling. It may help him to work through whatever his issues are about his adoption.

mom2J

Good call Nextwife. It just didn't dawn on me about the counseling, but it really should have. Thanks for picking up on that one.

Mom2J

darby450

Bio Parents in OH

Well I am not an attorney, but I am a fellow adopt adoptee and I have had experience in searching for own biological parents. If you send me private e-mail I will be more than happy to discuss with this with you further.
Darby

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">