• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Killed by 3 axle truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

princess93635

What is the name of your state?CA
My mom was killed by a 3 axle truck while she was crossing the street on a green light(she was in the crosswalk). The driver made a right turn, hit her went completely over her with the truck. She died about 45min. later. He was arrested for being under the influence. He admitted to taking vicodin, but the toxicology reports are not back so we don't know if there was anything else involved. My brothers, my mom's husband and I are considering a civil law suit, but we're wondering how the settlement would be distibuted? Would we all have equal rights or would her husband have more rights?

stephenk

Already dividing up the money?

How old are you and your siblings? any of you still living at home with mom and step-dad at the time she died? any of you being financially supported by mom?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
Already dividing up the money?

My response:

I love this one, Stephen. She's already wringing her hands, and looking like Simon LaGree! All she needs is a handlebar mustache, a cape, a top hat, a tuxedo, some rope, train tracks, and of course, Little Nell.

If our writer and her siblings are adults, then Mom's husband gets everything.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">