• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we adopt this baby?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bradybunchmom

What is the name of your state? new york a friend of mine and my husband is pregnant,and wants to place the child for adoption.my husband and i are dicussing wether or not we should adopt the child.the problem is,we have 12 kids already(large blended family) and im not sure a social worker would let us adopt another child.since this would be an open adoption,would the birthparents be able to overrule the social worker?my husband are i are financially and emotionally stable,been hapily married for over 2 yrs now.dont smoke,drink or use drugs,he supports his children from previous relatiinships(4 in all.we see them often). any advice would be helpful.thanks

nextwife

I am on several weblists for adoptive parents, and there are a number of very large adoptive families (12 and over) that participate. While some CPS workers may have personal biases against large families, this sounds as though it will be a private placement, so you MAY not need not have them agree to the placement, only have the home study and court concur with the adoption. Consult with an adoption attorney!

I know that Adoptive Families magazine has run some cover stories on some of these families, including a family I know who has a child from the same country as my daughter. http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/ If you are over 49, you may want to also visit with the families at GAARP (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAARPadopt/ ), which is a weblist for us "geezer" parents, and there are several "serial adopters" there who have many kids. The issue is whether you are financially stable, responsible, and can provide a nurturing, safe environment (something bioparents are not required to pre-establish). There are a number of other adoption webgroups. DO solicit feedback from other families like yours.

Do be aware that the biofather must also approve the adoption and release his rights.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">