• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is There A Time Limit??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mukiman

What is the name of your state?California: I had my ex-wife subpoenaed to go back to court last November (11/04). She failed to show up citing I never served her. The judge terminated her support at that time for not showing. Is there a time limit on how long she has to respond or take me back if she tries to fight to get her support back based on the notion that she was not served? Any statute of limitation? Thanks Muki :confused:

LdiJ

mukiman said:
What is the name of your state?California: I had my ex-wife subpoenaed to go back to court last November (11/04). She failed to show up citing I never served her. The judge terminated her support at that time for not showing. Is there a time limit on how long she has to respond or take me back if she tries to fight to get her support back based on the notion that she was not served? Any statute of limitation? Thanks Muki :confused:
I know that most states have a time frame where a default judgement can be re-opened. I don't know if or what it is for CA. Hopefully someone else can answer that. Otherwise it would probably be best to consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">