• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation in WA State - Please Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scared in WA

Hi, I'm a 23 y/o college student living in Washington state.

I plead guilty to a DUI about 9 months ago, and I have been on probation (5 years) since then. I have 2 days of jail alternatives scheduled in lieu of my 2 days mandatory jail time for the conviction of DUI.

I was also scheduled to take 24 one hour treatment classes, one 8 hour ADIS (alcohol drug information school) class and take at least one UA a month.

I missed approximately a month of my treatment (outpatient) because I went home for Winter break. I did notify my PO of this, but she has since retired.

On February 14th I received a notice of violation of probation for bad attendance in my treatment classes. This was most notably due to the month or so I missed for xmas break.

I went to court and was told I was on 'thin ice' by the judge, but because I am only three 1-hour classes away from finishing my treatment, that was all. Though I was given 20 days in abeyance.

I have taken around 10 clean UA's since I started my probation. I screwed up.. and I smoked pot after my last UA - which was right before my court review. I was given a UA that day (unexpectedly) and I feel that I most likely failed it.

Now, I am not sure what to do. I believe that, technically, I already commited the offense of violating my supervised probation - but nothing was done to me except 20 days in abeyance and another court date in a month to make sure I finished my three classes.

Even with my 10 or so clean UAs, I know this dirty UA is going to be bad news. They should be receiving it any day now, and I am not sure what I should do next: this is going to be a violation of my probation. What I dont know, is if it will be my first, or second one. Will the 20 days of jail time in abeyance be automatically instituted? Is there any leeway or personal discretion on the part of the judge or my PO in this matter?

When the UA comes back dirty, how will I be informed? Will cops come to my residence to arrest me, or will I be 'surprised' with the information in a week when I meet with my PO (as scheduled).
Am I going to jail, without any doubt?
Should I go to my PO right now and tell her that I am going to fail a UA? What is the benefit of this?

If anyone can answer these questions in a timely manner, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. My email address is [email protected]. I will be checking this site over and over looking for replies.. so please help :) (Today is March 15th, by the way).

Again, thanks for any help or advice in this matter. I just dont know what to do. I really sort of want to just 'fess up' to my PO and take the consequences, but I dont want to incriminate myself in case my UA comes back clean. Ugh. Thoughts?

Scared in WA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">