• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Description Question on a Triangle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Yes, I am going to ask the surveryor to give me the answer, but I got a survey with a triangular piece of ground that has the length of one of the lines missing.

Leg A is S 89 degrees 46' 26" E a distance of 92.77 feet and Leg B is N 14 degrees 08' 43" E a distance of 87.08 feet.

Question: What is the length of the hypotenuse?

(It's not a right triangle so Pythagoras will not help.)

ENASNI

Well Dear.

If it is not a right triangle, I don't think there can be a hypotenuse... So you are looking for the length of the third side.

Thats Trigonometry...
Try..Trigonmetrygeeks.com

(thats for the mimosa comment)

jimmler

seniorjudge said:

Yes, I am going to ask the surveryor to give me the answer, but I got a survey with a triangular piece of ground that has the length of one of the lines missing.

Leg A is S 89 degrees 46' 26" E a distance of 92.77 feet and Leg B is N 14 degrees 08' 43" E a distance of 87.08 feet.

The third leg is 141.69', but definately confirm with your surveyor.

S

seniorjudge

jimmler said:
The third leg is 141.69', but definately confirm with your surveyor.
And how did you come up with this figure?

If it is not a right triangle, I don't think there can be a hypotenuse... So you are looking for the length of the third side.

Duh! ENASNI you are correct. Sorry.

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:

Judgy,
Good Morning!
Hereas a site to calculate to your heart's content.
What ys gonna build on that sliver of land? A dog run for a pointer? :D
http://www.1728.com/indexgeo.htm
SORRY :eek:

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
Judgy,
Good Morning!
Hereas a site to calculate to your heart's content.
What ys gonna build on that sliver of land? A dog run for a pointer? :D
I am going to plant a mimosa tree on it.

But you forgot to give me the site link.

rmet4nzkx

ENASNI said:

Thats Trigonometry...
Try..Trigonmetrygeeks.com

(thats for the mimosa comment)
Geometry, ENASNI, GEOMETRY :)
NOW WHERE IS MY SLIDE RULE, IT'S GOTTA BE HERE SOMEWHERE :confused:

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
I am going to plant a mimosa tree on it.

But you forgot to give me the site link.
Judgy,
My bad.
Perhaps a Monkey Puzzle Tree if you are looking for the missing link, but I think both trees would be too large for that plot.

Please post back with the answer :)

I already corrected the other but will put it here as well
http://www.1728.com/indexgeo.htm

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/m1/monkeypu.asp
monkey-puzzle tree
Related: Plant

evergreen tree ( Araucaria araucana ) native to Chile and widely cultivated elsewhere as an ornamental. The symmetrical branches have an unusual angularity and are completely covered by the stiff, overlapping leaves. The monkey-puzzle tree and related species—e.g., the Norfolk Island pine ( A. excelsa ) and the bunya-bunya ( A. bidwillii )—are all good timber trees. The edible seeds of the bunya-bunya are highly popular in its native Australia. Species of Araucaria form the dominant vegetation of the coniferous forests of Chile and S Brazil. The related kauri pine ( Agathis australis ) of New Zealand is one of the largest commercial trees in the world, sometimes reaching 200 ft (61 m) in height. It yields good timber and the valuable kauri copal (often called Kauri gum), which was collected in fossil or semifossil form. Other species of Agathis produce similar copals. The genera Agathis and Araucaria together comprise the araucaria family. Although now restricted to the temperate regions of South America and of Australia and the neighboring Pacific islands, fossils—e.g., in the Petrified Forest of Arizona—indicate that the group was once abundant in the Northern Hemisphere. The monkey-puzzle tree is classified in the division Pinophyta , class Pinopsida, order Coniferales, family Araucariaceae.

ENASNI

Or

Judge...we... I mean you could plant

MULBERRY

Morus spp.
Moraceae
Common Names: Mulberry.
Species: White Mulberry (Morus alba L.), Black Mulberry (M. nigra L.), American Mulberry, Red Mulberry (M. rubra L.). Hybrid forms exist between Morus alba and M. rubra.

Related Species: Korean Mulberry (Morus australis), Himalayan Mulberry (M. laevigata).

Distant Affinity: Breadfruit (Artocarpus altilis), Jackfruit (A. heterophyllus), Fig (Ficus spp.), Che (Cudrania tricuspidata), African Breadfruit (Treculia african).

Origin: The white mulberry is native to eastern and central China. It became naturalized in Europe centuries ago. The tree was introduced into America for silkworm culture in early colonial times and naturalized and hybridized with the native red mulberry. The red or American mulberry is native to eastern United States from Massachusetts to Kansas and down to the Gulf coast. The black mulberry is native to western Asia and has been grown for its fruits in Europe since before Roman times.

Adaptation: The white mulberry, and to a lesser extent the red mulberry, are quite tolerant of drought, pollution and poor soil. The white mulberry is considered a weed tree in many parts of the country including urban areas. The black mulberry is more fastidious, faring less well in cold climates or areas with humid summers. The white mulberry is the most cold-hardy of the three species, although this varies from one clone to another. Some are damaged at 25° F, while others are unfazed at -25° F. Red mulberries are hardy to sub-zero temperatures. The black mulberry is the least cold-hardy of the three, although again cold tolerance seems to depend on the clone. In general it is limited to USDA Hardiness Zone 7 (0° to 10° F average minimum) or warmer. They have been planted only to a limited extent in America, mostly on the Pacific Coast. The mulberry makes a good town tree which will grow well in a tub

(and Doc... Trigonometry deals with Pythagorean theorem it was sort of an inside thing between me Da Judge so :p )

jimmler

seniorjudge said:
And how did you come up with this figure?

Duh! ENASNI you are correct. Sorry.

I computed it in Autocad.

I am not a lawyer, I have been in surveying for 15 years.

S

seniorjudge

jimmler said:
I computed it in Autocad.

I am not a lawyer, I have been in surveying for 15 years.
Thanks, I was looking for a formula that allows one to determine the perimeter of a triangle.

Do you know the formula?

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
Thanks, I was looking for a formula that allows one to determine the perimeter of a triangle.

Do you know the formula?
**A: this is a legal advice website. Trigonometry is not here.

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:

Do you know the formula?
I gave you the site to calculate it but the surveyor who posted shoud know. Too small for a tree if it were ever to fall, but then would we hear it?

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
I gave you the site to calculate it but the surveyor who posted shoud know. Too small for a tree if it were ever to fall, but then would we hear it?
I couldn't find it on that site....

jimmler

seniorjudge said:

Do you know the formula?
The formula would be the law of sines or law of cosines to solve the triangle (find all leg lengths and interior angles), then cut the triangle into two right angle triangles (solve for what you don't know) and run 1/2 base times height on both triangles and add them together to find the area. The perimeter would be side a + side b + side c = perimeter (after you solve the triangle). Before you do any of this you have to convert the information you have (bearings and distances) into the parts of the triangle you know (2 sides + 1 interior angle).

Use the info you have (a side, the angle between them and the next side) to find the formula you need to solve for all the parts of the triangle(s).

Here is a link, have fun. ;) P.S. just call your surveyor!

http://www.sparknotes.com/math/trigonometry/solvingobliquetriangles/summary.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">