• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another AWOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awol1

What is the name of your state?Indiana
Ok I know this has been asked before but i will ask again. I went AWOL over christmas exdoes, I wont bother giveing you a sob story or any of that bs I freaked up and I know it. I was hopeing someone might be able to tell me if I might be able to stay in the army when I turm myself in. Thanks for your time

lvn4ever

another AWOL

The Army's policy, as of several years ago, became to try and "rehabilitate" AWOL soldiers. IF there are no aggravating circumstances ( a history of being a problem soldier: missing formations, AWOL to avoid being charged with an additional crime, failing PT,recycles or failure in military schools, Art. 15's etc) you stand a very good chance of being allowed to soldier on. Make it clear to everyone that you WANT to stay in.

All that being said, the above is the OFFICIAL stance of the Army....you will still have to convince the powers that be that you are worth keeping.

GO BACK IMMEDIATELY to greatly increase your chances.

awol1

Thanks, also do I need to turn myself into an army base or any military base? There is an AFB near me that also has an army reserve unit. thanks for your help

lvn4ever

another awol

a military base of any variety will be able to help you settle this matter. Identify yourself to the MP at the gate that you are returning to military control from AWOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">