• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone lied so the police would come harass me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SadVictim

What is the name of your state? California

Basically a business called the police and gave them my description and told them i was being a problem. Which cause me to be harassed by the police. When the police arrived the business said it wasn't me but a family member who was there earlier. When I called the business to ask why the police were called on me if it was my family member I was told to keep my family member away but i was welcome. I asked if maybe there was a mistake and they somehow thought that i or someone else was my family member they assured me that the person was up there making problems.

The next day I call to speak with another supervisor and the person has changed their story now it's a "customer" that had come in and requested the police be called and gave a vague description.

It's all a crock of **** i entered the store almost exactly at the time the police were called. I was assured my relative was there when they weren't. The "customer" only gave a vague description even though my relative has been known to cause problems. doesn't mean it was them. So why tell the police it was? How can you say it wasn't me if they only gave a vague description and a customer requested it.. :confused: :mad: :(

i'm suppose to call them back friday i wonder what new lie they've made up :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CdwJava

Okay ... is there a question there somewhere?

Are you venting, or asking for some assistance with something?

It sounds like you're doing all you can do - talk to the manager of the business. It probably won't end up in anything that will make you happy, but you really seem to have few options here.

- Carl

SadVictim

CdwJava said:
Okay ... is there a question there somewhere?

Are you venting, or asking for some assistance with something?

It sounds like you're doing all you can do - talk to the manager of the business. It probably won't end up in anything that will make you happy, but you really seem to have few options here.

- Carl
Yeah thank you Carl you pretty much answered my question. I've called around to different lawyers and they pretty much say I have very little case if any. At the most i've been defamed(sp). At the time it was a really big issue and I was heartbroken. But i'm over it now. I'm not even gonna call the company back. I doubt if i'll ever shop there again as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">