• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support adjustment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmysgirl2

Arizona. I am living with a man who is paying support for 1 child. The ex is asking for more child support and wants my financial information (her lawyer does) and I would like to know how my finances will impact his payments. We are not married and I am helping my 2 children with their college expenses. Does the state of Arizona have the right to penalize him because of me? Please help me understand if I have to show my personal finances or not.
Thank YOU!

crystaly

I would think that if you are not married your financial information has nothing to do with his child support case. Usually the only time even a spouses finances is brought into it is when the one that owes is not paying at all or out of work then they will use the spouses money to cover the child support. But that is in extreme cases usually.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">