• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irritated but understanding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? missouri

I received a letter from the prosecuting attorney and my case worker is very busy so any help would be great.

The letter I got states:
This notice is to inform you that the Family Support Division will begin charging a fee to custodial parents for collecting past-due child and spousal support through the federal income tax refund offset program. FSD plans to begin charging the fee on March 30,2005.

When a fee will be charged
A $25.00 fee will be charged if all of the following apply:
-you have a child support case open with FSD
-you and the child on your case have not received aid to families with Dependent Children or Temporary Assistance benefits in missouri
-you and the children on your case are not currently receiving Medicaid in Missouri; and
-FSD collects past-due support for you by taking the noncustodial parent's federal income tax refund.
How the fee will be collected
When FSD collects past-due support for you by taking the noncustodial parent's federal refund:
-Before sending you a payment for the federal refund collection, FSD will deduct the $25. fee from payment .
-If the federal refund collection is less than $25 FSD will not send you a payment

so my question is if the refund is not $25 will they bill me for the rest?
what if he does not file will i still get billed?
will the hold my refund?

i understand paying because they are doing me a service i'm just a little confused thank you

crystaly

If he does not file his taxes or is not expected to get a refund then No, you will not be billed by FCS because they did not send you anything. If he does file and they are able to collect some of it they will deduct $25.00 from whatever they were able to collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">