• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitation's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Imsostupid

What is the name of your state?PA
8 years ago i was arrestted for possesion of drugs and was giving a court date but i never went to court and eventually i just for got about because i never heard anything else about it till today.Is there a statued in PA with drug charges? And what should i do now that its been brought to my attention.Im a lot worried about this because i dont wanna go to jail i did 3 yrs once and i do not wanna do it again,i have since gotten my life together and now this.And i wanna take care of it as soon as possible but i dont have the money for a lawyer at the moment.

Last edited:

slipknottkills

Get a lawyer before you turn yourself in..so you know what your looking at and so you can prepare yourself for the bull**** the courts are going to through at you.

Heather2

Imsostupid said:
What is the name of your state?PA
8 years ago i was arrestted for possesion of drugs and was giving a court date but i never went to court and eventually i just for got about because i never heard anything else about it till today.Is there a statued in PA with drug charges? And what should i do now that its been brought to my attention.Im a lot worried about this because i dont wanna go to jail i did 3 yrs once and i do not wanna do it again,i have since gotten my life together and now this.And i wanna take care of it as soon as possible but i dont have the money for a lawyer at the moment.
I agree with the last poster that you need to consult with an attorney and turn yourself in. Statue of limitations has to do with how long they have to file charges on you, not how long you can avoid being arrested. Good luck.

Imsostupid

Ok another question since that arrest the drug laws have become stiffer.Will i be sentenced under the laws from 97 or will i be judge on the laws as they stand today?Because if its under the newer law's penlties are much higher

Heather2

Imsostupid said:
Ok another question since that arrest the drug laws have become stiffer.Will i be sentenced under the laws from 97 or will i be judge on the laws as they stand today?Because if its under the newer law's penlties are much higher
I'm sorry but I don't know. If no one else answers you can try calling the court house or if you plan on talking to an attorney before you turn yourself in, ask him. If you plan on using a public defender, you can ask once you have turned yourself in. This is not going to go away so it is in your best interest to take care of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">