• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reversing Paternity (being sued for child support)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NappyLou

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Indiana

In 1988, I, on my own free will, went and agreed that I fathered a child with the mother. A year later, the mother and I saw that the child was not mine, and we went to the prosecutors office to notify them, so that the child support could stop and to remove my name from the birth certificate. The prosecutor said that without a blood test that my name could not be removed, but that they would stop the child support order.

Well, I have had not one problem, until in 2001, the mother went and received AFDC for the child, saying she did not know where the father was. The child stays with his biological father, and the mother committed fraud to receive moeny and food for herself. I am now being persued for child support and having my tax refunds garnished because of this. I was told that I could file a motion to reverse the order from 1988, but I no longer know where the mother is( I do know the school the child attends) to notify her of this or serve her a supeona. Also, I do not know how to get started. I need any help or advice as to force the mother to a DNA test and how to submit paperwork to the courts.

Thank You
Nappy Lou

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">