• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taxes for rental property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtscrwbeagles75

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, Hi i was just wondering if someone can explain to me if i have to claim rental property income on my taxes, and if i dont what can happen to me.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

rtscrwbeagles75 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, Hi i was just wondering if someone can explain to me if i have to claim rental property income on my taxes, **Yes, rental income is taxable. and if i dont what can happen to me. **The same thing that happens when you don't pay the appropriate tax on taxable income. You would be subject to penalties and interest on the amount that you would owe.
You should be keeping accurate records on how much income you are receiving. You can deduct expenses that you have for that rental property.

You need to see a tax accountant. They will be able to help you with all the expenses that you will be allowed to claim and this will help to off-set the amount of income you made from the rental, the difference will be the amount that you will owe taxes on.

LdiJ

rtscrwbeagles75 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, Hi i was just wondering if someone can explain to me if i have to claim rental property income on my taxes, and if i dont what can happen to me.
Yes, you do have to claim that income. If you don't and the IRS catches you then you will owe not only the taxes, but interest and penalties as well.

Happy Trails

LdiJ said:
Yes, you do have to claim that income. If you don't and the IRS catches you then you will owe not only the taxes, but interest and penalties as well.
I have accidently 'echoed' people before, but never a day later. :D

LdiJ

Happy Trails said:
I have accidently 'echoed' people before, but never a day later. :D
LOL...I actually didn't catch that you answered the question within the quote...which is the only reason I responded. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">