• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foster Children in Canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akshara3000

I was wondering if anyone knew about the laws regarding taking in foster children in the province of Ontario Canada. More specifically, does the Canadian govt provide monetary compensation directly to the families who take in a foster child? And if so, how do they determine how much? Thanks.

um

akshara3000 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew about the laws regarding taking in foster children in the province of Ontario Canada. More specifically, does the Canadian govt provide monetary compensation directly to the families who take in a foster child? And if so, how do they determine how much? Thanks.
Sorry.. but you are gonna have to ask a canadian law advice board..
this is US only.

And psssstt... fostering children is not about the moolah.... get it. :mad:

greivingspouse

Maybe they should list an ad in the classified for "babysitting" or "daycare" if the money is more important than the children :D !!!!

Last edited:

akshara3000

No you guys dont understand, dont judge until you know the circumstances. It is my sisters daughters father who is doing this. He is making money by taking in a foster child in order to get his child support reduced and in the end make money off of it. If in fact money is provided to those who take in foster children.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
akshara... the thing you don't seem to understand is that this board only deals with US law. Noone knows about Canada.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">