• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fighting the big boys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greg tate

What is the name of your state? Kansas
as is everywhere with power lines comes an easement. Well behind our house run power lines, within that area is the easement for our local power company. They have 10 ft in from our propety line in wich to operate and trim the trees and brush. Well in our case not only did they trim and cut trees in there easement they cut down 12 tree on my property. This is a major issue for us as these trees provided the only privacy we had between us and a large churchs parking lot that is directly behind our house. Not to mention the fact that we just spent over 11,000.00 dollers in a new pool and fence. By the way there is a pretty good sized dip to the back of our yard of wich the fence does not provide any privacy. The power company also cut down a tree in my neihbors easement and offered him 400.00. They also offered us the same but my thought is he gets 400.00 for 1 I get 400.00 for 12. HMMMMMM the math is wrong. We are in arbitration and they are sending out a third party apraiser to see what the trees are worth. My issue would be it is not the value of the trees it is the value of the privacy. What would be my chances in a small claims court going for the the full 2000.00 replacement value to regain our privacy. Thanks

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

$400 for one and you want $2,000 for 11. Where is this school that taught you math? File for $5,000 which will include costs and legal fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">