• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reguarding surveyors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mous931

What is the name of your state? n.y. does anyone know the rules reguarding surveyors in n.y. ?? do they have to be licenced or certified ?? or can anyone who knows how to use a transit do a survey ? and if they are not licenced or certified do you have to abide by the survey ?? :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

mous931 said:
What is the name of your state? n.y. does anyone know the rules reguarding surveyors in n.y. ?? do they have to be licenced or certified ?? or can anyone who knows how to use a transit do a survey ? and if they are not licenced or certified do you have to abide by the survey ?? :rolleyes:

**A: you have not asked a legal question. Contact your state regulatory agency.

HomeGuru

mous931 said:
ok - , if a survey is done by an unlicenced or uncertified surveyor is it legal and binding ?????

**A: stop mousing around and get to the point. What is your exact scenario?
Are you talking about surveying a doghouse in a trailer park?

mous931

i am talking about a survey to prove where a boundry line is between to pieces of property , i contacted the ny state ass. of surveyors website and this surveyor was not listed as being certified

jimmler

mous931 said:
i am talking about a survey to prove where a boundry line is between to pieces of property , i contacted the ny state ass. of surveyors website and this surveyor was not listed as being certified
The NY state association of surveyors only lists members of the association (membership is not mandatory).

The state regulates and keeps records of licensed surveyors, here is a link.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">