• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is the procedure for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medenom

What is the name of your state? PA

What is the procedure for (generally speaking, I'm not concerned with specifics for my particular state) a 16 yr old boy who was arrested for possession of 100 grams of cocaine. i'm guessing he will be charged with intent to distribute as well since they were bagged seperately. After arrest, what would happen to him from there? This is not a real person, just a study I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

HomeGuru

medenom said:
What is the name of your state? PA

What is the procedure for (generally speaking, I'm not concerned with specifics for my particular state) a 16 yr old boy who was arrested for possession of 100 grams of cocaine. i'm guessing he will be charged with intent to distribute as well since they were bagged seperately. After arrest, what would happen to him from there? This is not a real person, just a study I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

**A: what type of study are you doing?

medenom

this is my final paper

and it's for a class that's been kicking my butt for the entire term. I have to document, step by step, the procedure for a 16 yr old boy who was arrested for possession. The assignment is somewhat vague whereas they don't state what he was possessing and/or how much. I just thought it would be easier to get a more accurate answer if I added that myself.

Please help me...it's St. Patrick's Day and I can't go out until my homework is finished :(

Bravo8

I'm a bit late to help with the St. Patrick's Day deadline, but maybe I can shed a little light.

Immediately post arrest (assuming he was physically taken into custody), he would either be released to his guardian(s) or detained in a juvenile detention facility.

The 16 year old would be charged on what is known as a Juvenile Petition. The Juvy Petition would be completed by the arresting officer, and filed with the county Juvenile Probation Department. The Probation staff would prepare the information for court, and schedule a hearing, which proceeds much like an adult court trial.

Charges would certainly by "PWI" (Possession With Intent to deliver), as well as simple possession, possesion of drug paraphernalia.

I hope this helps......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">