• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reduction in child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dingingdaddy

What is the name of your state? Texas

My decree states that I pay child support of $2450/month until last child turns 18. I have 3 children. I need this reduced to an appropriate amount after each child turns 18. When I agreed to this I was not in the best state of mind. I also agreed to half of the expense of college and half of all extra ciricular activities.(To date, I have learned that my attorney has had several grievences filed against him and been suspended.) I cannot afford this amount plus college and all that goes with that. The last attny I spoke with said that the cs would have to be reduced after each child turns 18, but we might have to base it on the $2450 not what the state requires.
Can you give me your opinion?

dingingdaddy

I am to pay $2450 per month until youngest child turns 18.

I have been told my 3 attorneys that my decree is needs serious clarification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">