• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samuelh5

What is the name of your state? Floirida
Am in the process of selling my condo and I have a fully executed buyer seller agreement by both parties. The buyer who is a realtor agent and is name on the buyer seller contract has had on more the one occasion contacted the condo board president to discuss matters that are on going or about future assessment that my be apply to the condo residents.
On one occasion the buyer has had the board sign an affidavit exempting the new buyers and grandfathering them in on a washer dry in unit issue.
And now there are trying to stick me with an assessment before I leave at the end of the month for some future pumping work.

My question is.,
Does she have the right to contact the board president outside of a public board meeting and discussing issue about the association when she is not even the legal owner of the unit???

And should the board president even be talking to her or signing affidavits if it has not been discussed or even presented to the other resident or brought before a public board meeting???

Can a few board members just decided to apply a assessment to the residents in the middle of the month with out having another public board meeting to discuss when it should be executed and how much the assessment should be?

Thanks hope you can help answer some of my question.

PghREA

samuelh5 said:
The buyer who is a realtor agent and is name on the buyer seller contract has had on more the one occasion contacted the condo board president to discuss matters that are on going or about future assessment that my be apply to the condo residents.
QUOTE]
The Realtor (who is also the Buyer) is just doing her job. You might want to read Special Assements by Snkspencer. If you know that there is going to be a special assessment you need to disclose this information.

samuelh5

PghREA said:
samuelh5 said:
The buyer who is a realtor agent and is name on the buyer seller contract has had on more the one occasion contacted the condo board president to discuss matters that are on going or about future assessment that my be apply to the condo residents.
QUOTE]
The Realtor (who is also the Buyer) is just doing her job. You might want to read Special Assements by Snkspencer. If you know that there is going to be a special assessment you need to disclose this information.
I had already disclosed all this iformation to them

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">