• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special Assessment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SnkSpencer

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts

On December 22, 2004 I purchased a condo. Back in June of 2004 there was a fire in a different building but part of the same complex. After insurance there will be a estimated deficit of 300 thousand which is expected to be paid by all condo owners. From the last condo meeting I went to I was told by the condo management that they had known (as well as all condo owners) of a up and coming assessment. I have a 6D certificate signed by condo management which reads:

The undersigned, being the duly authorized Managing Agent of Curtis Hill Condominium, under the Master Deed dated October 22, ....... do hereby certify in accordance with Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 183A, Section 6(D), that there are no unpaid common expenses which have been assessed against Unit# located at ........All fees are paid thru : December 21,2004.

I also have on my P&S:
20. Warraties and Representations
The Seller represents and warrants that the unit........that the Seller has not received notice of any special assessment;and that the seller has no actual knowledge of matters which are likely to increase the common expenses for the Unit or result in a special assessment.

Since all parties involved with the exception of myself knew about the fire and the up and coming assessment am I liable for this assessment based on the 6D certificacte and the P&S?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">