• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo expropriated my closet Space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manujn

What is the name of your state? Califronia

I was wondering if there is anything I can do. I bought a condo in 2002 brand new from the developer. Recently, they found out that some support beam needed to be streghthed and it ran through the closet in my master bedroom. I lost about half of my closet. They did not give me a choice in the matter and just went ahead and did the work without my consent. They said they could give me $396.00 for the 2.7 sq ft I lost. But this is half a closet, not just open space. Should I accept the $397.00 or can I do something to get more out of them?

ENASNI

Well

manujn said:
What is the name of your state? Califronia
I was wondering if there is anything I can do. I bought a condo in 2002 brand new from the developer. Recently, they found out that some support beam needed to be streghthed and it ran through the closet in my master bedroom. I lost about half of my closet. They did not give me a choice in the matter and just went ahead and did the work without my consent. They said they could give me $396.00 for the 2.7 sq ft I lost. But this is half a closet, not just open space. Should I accept the $397.00 or can I do something to get more out of them?
Few questions.

1. please tell me where Califronia is... is that a state where you have to have curly hair in order to live there?

B. If you got the money... wouldn't you just spend it on clothes? And then where would you put them?

III. If it is indeed California you are talking about... Earthquakes happen... I would want that there support beam... :eek:
Oh... and there are some real real estate Lawyers here... not just wiseheimers like me... so you might get a response... so just take this reply with a grain of salt and thank me for bumping it up for you. ;)

ps.Kudos to you for using and spelling expropriated in the correct way!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">