• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tangled Tree in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popsite

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I have a neighbor who's tree is looming over my property and who's branches are tangling the power lines leading to my house. I have asked my neighbor to cut down the tree, but he claims that it is not his responsibility. I am afraid that, should a big storm knock the tree over or shake the branches violently, my power lines would be ripped off.

Does my neighbor have an obligation to cut down the tree due to the potential that it will cause damage to my home? If not, can I make a claim against my homeowner's insurance?

Thank you.

You Are Guilty

Hell, it's NYC. Just put a "Free Tree" sign on it and within an hour, some crackhead will swing by, chop it down and sell it for dope money. Problem solved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">