• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor reported me for renting illegally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smeky01821

Hi all
I live in Watertown, Massachucetts.

I have an inlaw apt in my home that I was renting out. My house is zoned as a one family so I guess what I was doing was illegal....no problem, I accept that and have since stopped renting it out.

My question is this, is there any way for me to find out who reported me and why?
I know noise was not an issue as the tenant was quiet as a mouse and parking is no issue as we have 6 car off street parking for 3 cars.
Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks guys..

ENASNI

why?

smeky01821 said:
Hi all
I live in Watertown, Massachucetts.

I have an inlaw apt in my home that I was renting out. My house is zoned as a one family so I guess what I was doing was illegal....no problem, I accept that and have since stopped renting it out.

My question is this, is there any way for me to find out who reported me and why?
I know noise was not an issue as the tenant was quiet as a mouse and parking is no issue as we have 6 car off street parking for 3 cars.
Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
Thanks guys..
Did you buy some extra Charmin@ at your local Grocery store this week and want to do some tree trimming?

Why do you want to know who ratted you out?

Methinks you already know in your heart... Yah?

smeky01821

+++++Did you buy some extra Charmin@ at your local Grocery store this week and want to do some tree trimming?++++

I have no clue what this means

#######Why do you want to know who ratted you out?#####

Ratted you out is a bit strong....guess I feel that if someone makes a complaint to the town about me.... it would be nice to know who and why as we were really not doing any harm....human nature I guess....all this complaint does is make me think about how friendly I will be in future to my neighbors....

ENASNI

well smeky..

smeky01821 said:
+++++Did you buy some extra Charmin@ at your local Grocery store this week and want to do some tree trimming?++++

I have no clue what this means

#######Why do you want to know who ratted you out?#####

Ratted you out is a bit strong....guess I feel that if someone makes a complaint to the town about me.... it would be nice to know who and why as we were really not doing any harm....human nature I guess....all this complaint does is make me think about how friendly I will be in future to my neighbors....

"Only the brave know how to forgive; it is the most refined and generous pitch of virtue human nature can arrive at."
Sterne

About the Charmin@ I thought you might be wanting to TP the person's house... get it now?

Be friendly to your neighbors... what if there was a fire and you were not home... would they try to put it out for you if it wasn't bothering their property because you were being a jerk to them?

Or What if you were home... would they say good riddance...

"No doubt Jack the Ripper excused himself on the grounds it was human nature"
AA Milne.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">