• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age Of Maturity And Finding Sibling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizanded

Our grandson was adopted from one of our daughters by another one of our daughters. The adoption originally happened in Ohio. Shortly after the adoption, our son-in-law was transferred to the air force base in Charleston, South Carolina. How old does our grandson have to be to be considered an adult or old enough to no longer be bound by the adoption to stay with his "parents?" When can he be free of them because he hates them for breaking up his family?

Which state has jurisdiction over his adoption until it ends, Ohio or South Carlina?

Basically, one daughter took one of her other sister's boys just to prove that she could. She's on a power trip. We tried to adopt his brother but the power hungry sister fought against us and caused us to lose and he got adopted by his foster family. She had made so many calls to Children Services and lied about everybody in my wife's house that she got Childrens Service convinced that everybody in the house were terrible people. Even after I married into the family, my reputation wasn't enough to overcome the lies and make the adoption happen. The sad part of losing that grandson was that the daughter that fought us hated the boy and wanted nothing to do with him. She just wanted to prove that she could cause him to be sent out of the family and she succeeded.

The grandson that ended up with the foster family was the brother of the one who now lives in South Carolina. His foster family still lives in Ohio. The one in SC has been going crazy about losing his brother and trying to find a way to locate and communicate with him. Is there any way that he can gain access to the adoption files to find his brother? I think in Ohio that he can access his own adoption file when he is 21 but I may be wrong. The truly sad part of all of this is that the power hungry daughter divorced her husband and hardly ever sees the child she fought so hard to take. Now we just have to put up with the arrogant son-in-law.

We are totally sick of all of the blame games and bull. We can't wait until both of our grandchildren are free finally.

Good luck to all of you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">