• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EARN full time status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glo_22851

What is the name of your state? VA

After being a parttime employee for three years, I was promoted and offered a full time position with all benefits; however, there's a catch!!

I must work for 8 straight weeks at least 32 hours to be considered full time, and then an additional 90 days to qualify for these benefits.

My question is - Shouldn't the 8 weeks count as part of the 90 days or must I really EARN full time status??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in the law specifies what consistutes full time status or limits what an employer may require to be considered full time.

It is entirely possible that under the benefit plan document you (first) cannot be considered full time until you have worked that schedule for the 8 weeks and (second) you do not qualify for benefits until 90 days AFTER you achieve full time status.

In any case, while I understand it's irritating no laws are being violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">