• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ALLYSIAROB

What is the name of your state? FL
My stepson wants to transfer his parental rights to us ( His Mom and Me). He is curently in jail here in Fl and his children are in Pa. If this is possable would we then be responcable for his child support? And can he transfer his rights to us?

sroutlaw

No way can he do this, unless mom is willing as well and will cooperate. I know of no "transfer" rights other than guardianship.

LdiJ

ALLYSIAROB said:
What is the name of your state? FL
My stepson wants to transfer his parental rights to us ( His Mom and Me). He is curently in jail here in Fl and his children are in Pa. If this is possable would we then be responcable for his child support? And can he transfer his rights to us?
Parental rights are not "transferable". If they were (and again, they are not) then of course the parental responsibilities, ie child support, would go right along with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">