• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my pay back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mahendra

What is the name of your state?NY

Hi,
I'm a software engineer working at one clients place through an IT consulting firm.
I've an employment agreement with that consulting firm in such a way that I've to give 30 day notice
before leaving my project at clients place.
I informed my consulting firm 17 days before citing marriage as a reason.
My consulting firm told me not to inform client about this and they told me that they will take care of it(informing client).
They asked about my software skill set and they told me that they are looking for replacement.Once I left the project they
told me that they are not going to pay anything because I didn't give 30 day notice and I can talk to their attorney.
The consuling firm HR people are not available fo my phone calls and not replying my emails
Immediately I checked with the client
I got a feedback from the client saying that all my expenses have been approved but they are unhappy with
my quick exit(consulting firm informed them 4 days before) as they are looking for 15 days notice.

What are the best chances of getting my hard earned money back?

Why I need to suffer after getting nice feedback/approval information from client?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They are required to pay you for all the time you actually worked. Likewise, they are ONLY required to pay you for the time you actually worked.

If you have not been paid for days that you physically were in the office working, you can file a complaint for unpaid wages with your state DOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">