• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extreme harassment in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser ActobogG

What is the name of your state? California

I am the recipient of a modest inheritance left to me by my parents. The insurance company that the account is in was declared insolvent by the state, and there has been trouble with my payments. It seems that this financial difficulty has entered into other areas of my monetary gain.

Since the state seized the insurance company, I have been fired from dozens of jobs. These terminations are for things like verbal outbursts at work, bad language, things like that instead of poor job performance. I mean I have been fired from every job I've had for going on a decade now. I now have a very unusual job history.

The way this seems to work is that after my SSN shows income from an employer, many new employees flock to that business and actually invade it, forcing my employer to hire them. These new employees are immediately verbally abusive to me, threatening not only me but members of my family. My employers rarely, if ever at all, make attempts to stop the intimidation of these coworkers. What my employers do take notice of is the relatively minor retorts that I occassionaly make, using those as reasons for termination. I don't think that's just. And though I can't prove that this coincidence has anything to do with the state or the insurance company, something like this never happened before.

My last termination, for example. I was at work on Martin Luther King Day, and shortly before the MLK parade a Waste Management garbage truck backed into a lamp post near to where I was and knocked it over. No one else was in the vicinity at the time, and when I tried to comply with my supervisor's request to make an incident report, I was fired. I was fired on St. Valentine's Day.

I had a female acquaintance killed on MLK Day about a decade ago by a city employee, and there was a vast wrongful death suit made against the city, which was lost after many years of litigation. Due to the threats that were made against me in the community and at work since that time, that were at least partially from my involvement in this suit (she'd named me as her child's father), I told the supervisor that I thought the lamp post incident was suspicious. I immediately had black and Hispanic employees become very concerned with what I was saying, and they were responsible for my termination.

I have won a wrongful termination suit since this all started, but that victory has done nothing to alleviate my labor problems, rather it has made them worse. Now my employers call me very derogatory names at work, and this action spurs my coworkers to do the same. And there are always the new empoyees, whose job seems to be no more than to chase me off the job by intimidation.

Lawyers that specialize in labor disputes charge very high retainers. This is paradoxical in my way of thinking, as their clients are usually unemployed. Is there an alternate source that I could use to end my workplace harassment, without resorting to a $5,000 retainer?

Last edited:

Beth3

The way this seems to work is that after my SSN shows income from an employer, many new employees flock to that business and actually invade it, forcing my employer to hire them. Huh? That's ludicrous. (1) How would anyone even be able to access your SS # to view your income (and by what means would they do so??) (2) Why would anyone even care? (3) No one can "force" an employer to hire them.

You are suggesting a vast conspiracy involving dozens of employers and what sounds like hundreds of people who don't know you, have no personal connection with you, and have no reason whatsoever to persecute you. And even if any of this by the most miniscule and remotest chance is true, this is not prohibited harassment.

I am not being sarcastic or unkind when I say it appears you need professional medical help far more than you need a lawyer.

Kaiser ActobogG

Boy, you're not my lawyer.

You're right, no one is supposed to have access to another person's SSN. But since I've had my mother's estate probated, I've had many cases of identity theft. I found out at EDD that wages had been reported to my SSN from an Hispanic person, someone used my SSN to get a civil service job, and other things like someone getting my rental car at the rental car office. A couple of examples.

I've had people make withdrawals from my bank account, but I don't think this is from SSN disclosure, unless they followed the deposits from the insurance company. Luckily, the bank replaced these withdrawals, but I was told that it was none of my business who made the transactions, as the bank was the wronged party, not I.

My employers' hiring records would show the employee turnover. I'm right in this contention.

As I've mentioned, I won one discrimination complaint by settlement. My contention has been borne out once. And at one of my jobs, when I was terminated I hired a representative to appear with me at a labor hearing. I accidentally found out that my representative had discussed my case with a member of the union that had me terminated. This was a breach of my client confidentiality, and the representative refunded my fee to me, with damages. I also had a reversal on my favorable ruling in this complaint, which was do to the representative not filing a response to the opposing party's appeal. I just accidentally found out about this, too, as my representative made no attempt to tell me of the appeal.

Thank you for your concern about my health, but it seems that someone other than me needs medication. I'm fine.

But finding representation that doesn't cave in to union pressure (or any kind of rival labor pressure, I guess) is difficult. Obviously hard to find where I live.

What's ADA Coverage?

Last edited:

Beth3

For the sake of discussion then, let's assume everything you're saying is true and that dozens of employers and many more individuals unconnedted to you have conspired to get you fired everywhere you have worked (as unbelievable as that is.) That still does not amount to prohibited harassment.

If you don't believe me, then take a read through federal law - Title VII to be specific. You can find that at www.eeoc.gov.

Good luck to you.

ENASNI

What discussion

Beth3 said:
The way this seems to work is that after my SSN shows income from an employer, many new employees flock to that business and actually invade it, forcing my employer to hire them. Huh? That's ludicrous. (1) How would anyone even be able to access your SS # to view your income (and by what means would they do so??) (2) Why would anyone even care? (3) No one can "force" an employer to hire them.

You are suggesting a vast conspiracy involving dozens of employers and what sounds like hundreds of people who don't know you, have no personal connection with you, and have no reason whatsoever to persecute you. And even if any of this by the most miniscule and remotest chance is true, this is not prohibited harassment.
I am not being sarcastic or unkind when I say it appears you need professional medical help far more than you need a lawyer.

Beth... dear Beth your first response was the only one!
We all know You are nicer than me and I will hold back on comments because you are here... but to this statement** I must concur on this poster!

Kaiser ActobogG

No, go ahead. I'll give you some more.

The representative that shared my client information with a union member is an elected official now. He was campaigning at the time of my representation, and when I drove by the company that I was terminated from, I saw that he had one of his campaign signs on their fence.

Sounds like one of your politicians. He sure isn't one of mine.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Would you please explain to me just exactly what process one uses to force an employer to hire one? I've certainly never been able to force anyone to hire me.

Beth3

I'd like to know too. I've been hiring people for a lot of years and I've never been forced to hire anyone or even been approached to do so

Katy W.

Beth,

Sorry, that was just a joke, alluding to the fact that impairment in more than one major life area is at play here.

Beth3

Sorry - I misunderstood. :) Yes, it does seem apparent that there is some significant impairment taking place.

Kaiser ActobogG

It's a confusing situation for me.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=232249

I posted this in the Government/Admin Law forum.

I don't know how people can make an employer hire them. I am rarely successful in getting hired myself. But I do notice that many of these persons have federal stickers on their windshields.

If I have had trouble with a federal job search, how could that carry into the private sector? If someone is making it difficult for me to get federal employment, OK. But a minimum wage job in a warehouse shouldn't cause so much concern that I have a bunch of disgruntled ex-feds show up there and disrupt my job performance.

And I shouldn't have to worry about interference when I try to retain a lawyer. I've had people follow me into law offices and eavesdrop on my conversations there. I've had people stake out my mail box when I'd receive legal mail from my lawyer, and have had home invasions during the course of litigation.

It's difficult for me to get an attorney in the town I live in. I was hoping for suggestions. Medication's a great idea, but I think the problem would still be there when the prescription bottle's empty.

Beth3

But a minimum wage job in a warehouse shouldn't cause so much concern that I have a bunch of disgruntled ex-feds show up there and disrupt my job performance. Anyone who has been fired from dozens of jobs would have an extremely difficult time finding new employment.

I've had people follow me into law offices and eavesdrop on my conversations there. I've had people stake out my mail box when I'd receive legal mail from my lawyer, and have had home invasions during the course of litigation. I honestly think you're imagining all this. People FOLLOW you into law offices and somehow manage to eavesdrop on a private conversation you're having in an attorney's office? How??? And why would the attorney's office let just anyone in to wander around their hallways and see what they could overhear? That just doesn't happen. All the law offices I've been in have tight security. If you don't have an appointment, you don't get past the lobby. Period.

Medication's a great idea, but I think the problem would still be there when the prescription bottle's empty. How will you know until you've tried? Honestly, I think you have (at a minimum) a chemical imbalance that needs treatment. The fact that you just don't see how irrational and unbelievable the vast majority of your assertions are is evidence that you need professional help.

Look at it this way. If I'm wrong and a psychologist/psychiatrist says you're fine, then you know you're not imaging all this. If I'm right, then you're on the path to better mental health and a better life. The way I see it, either way you have nothing to lose by consulting with a mental health professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">