• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntarily underemployed X wants to modify CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaclyn33

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My X who is very capable of making 60-100 grand a year has quit his job as a sales manager in the information technology field and is living w/ a wealthy woman. He's working a few under the table jobs and trying to make it big in country music by playing in bars and making cd's. My X was just found in comtempt for not paying child support and has now filed a motion to reduce his child support payments based on the fact that he can not "find a job"....
I really need advice! I can't afford to hire a lawyer. What happens in cases like this??

TNBSMommy

To the best of my knowledge, he probably won't be able to get his CS lowered unless he can prove he had no control over losing his last job. If he quit his well paying job simply to get out of CS it isn't going to fly with the judge( more than likely, however no one can for sure say what a judge will rule). Now, I am in TN, but I have seen a judge order a man whose only options were to stay with his company and move to Canada, or leave his company and stay here near his children, to deal with it, it was his choice to leave his job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">