• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwejr

What is the name of your state?MI ? I was found disabled under the disability rule in may 04, I received first payment the end of jan 05 for nov/dec 04. If found to be disabled in may 04, why would I not receive any back pay for may-oct 04.

BL

jwejr said:
What is the name of your state?MI ? I was found disabled under the disability rule in may 04, I received first payment the end of jan 05 for nov/dec 04. If found to be disabled in may 04, why would I not receive any back pay for may-oct 04.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=151&p_created=955633025&p_sid=YBIHmcBh&p_lva=85&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzAmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTMsNCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PTIuNCZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

tigger22472

The simple answer is that SS requires you to be disabled for six months with the probability that it will last at least one year. The first six months is a period that they don't pay for. Some people can receive back SSI (not to be confused with SSDI) for those six months if they meet the requirements including household income levels.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">