• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traveling w/grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

endenfin

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? FLORIDA

MY DAUGHTER AND HER EX-HUSBAND ARE FINNALLY GETTING DIVORCE AFTER 5 YEARS OF SEPARATION. DURING ALL THIS TIME MY GRANDSON'S FATHER NEVER PAID CHILD SUPPORT. MY DAUGHTER WAS LIVING WITH ME AND MY HUSBAND AND BASICALLY IT WAS US THE ONES PAYING FOR ALL MY GRANDSON'S NEEDS. MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY EX SON IN LAW IS GOOD AND RECENTLY HE MOVED TO ILLININOIS WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND (WHO IS 6 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD). IN THE OTHER HAND MY DAUGHTER IS LIVING WITH HIS BOYFRIEND AND SHE IS ALSO 6 MONTHS PREGNANT OF THIS NEW BOYFRIEND). AT THE PRESENT MOMENT THEY HAVE THE DIVORCE PAPERS BEING PROCESSED BY AN ATTORNEY THAT THE FATHER OG MY GRANCHILD HIRED AND THEY HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON HOW MUCH CHILD SUPPORT WILL BE PAID TO MY DAUGHTER (WHO HAS THE FULL CUSTODY OF MY GRANDCHILD). MY PARENTS LIVE IN PERU AND THEY WILL CELEBRATE THEIR 50 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY ON JULY THIS YEAR. ME, MY HUSBAND AND MY SON ARE GOING TO TRAVEL OVER THERE AND I REQUESTED VERBAL CONSENT FROM MY GRANDSON'S FATHER FOR HIM TO COME WITH US WAY BEFORE HE LEFT TO ILLINOIS. I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE TICKETS AND MY GRANDSON IS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HIS LIFE HAS GOT SO COMPLICATED EXPECTING TWO HALF BROTHERS FROM BOTH PARENTS. RECENTLY I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM THE FATHER OF MY GRANDSON DEMANDING FOR ME TO TALK TO MY DAUGHTER ABOUT THE CHILD SUPPORT ARRANGEMENT. HE ASKED TO TELL MY DAUGHTER TO SIGN THAT PIECE OF PAPER AGRREING TO THE AMOUNT HE WANTS TO PAY OR HE WON'T SIGN THE PERMISSION FOR ME TO TAKE MY GRANDSON IN THE TRIP WITH US. MY QUESTION IS CAN HE DO THIS? CAN HE BLACKMAIL ME LIKE THIS? WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILITIES OF TAKING MY GRANDSON WITH US BASED ON MY DAUGHTER'S CONSENT ONLY IF THERE IS NOT YET A COURT ORDER ON ANYTHING? CAN HE DO THIS EVEN IF HE OWES 9000 ON CHILD SUPPORT AND HAD NEVER TAKEN RESPONSABILITY FOR THIS CHILD?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION TO THIS LETTER

LIZZIE

BL

No he can not blackmail you . No one HAS TO sign anything regarding child support .

Now , no matter what excuse you try to use , DO YOU want to take the chance of the Father Filing kidnapping charges on you for taking your grandchild anywhere out of Country/state without his explicit written consent ?

Can he ? Yes .

B

bradybunchmom

have a good time send us a postcard

tell your ex sil to talk to the mother himself about the cs-and leave you out of it, its not your concern. if he doesnt have legal custody, i dont think you need his permisson, but i could be wrong.

Passport

Does your grandchild have a passport? Since there is no legal custody agreement, your daughter can allow her son to travel with you, no problem. But, a child under the age of 14 needs BOTH parents to apply for the child's passport. See the rules at www.travel.state.gov.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">