• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrating Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ammagarz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

HI. I have been divorced since June of 2004. Since the divorce my ex-husband has been non-compliant to several parts of our divorce settlement. I have taken him to court once for contempt of court about other matters. Currently, I am attempting to put the marital home up for sale which was left to me as the primary residence. He does not wish to assist me according to the terms of our divorce settlement. I am able to sell the house anytime up to and by June 2006. How can I successfully do this if he is unwilling to sign any papers or proceed with any sale of our marital home? I understand that he will be in contempt, but what can I do now?

LdiJ

ammagarz said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

HI. I have been divorced since June of 2004. Since the divorce my ex-husband has been non-compliant to several parts of our divorce settlement. I have taken him to court once for contempt of court about other matters. Currently, I am attempting to put the marital home up for sale which was left to me as the primary residence. He does not wish to assist me according to the terms of our divorce settlement. I am able to sell the house anytime up to and by June 2006. How can I successfully do this if he is unwilling to sign any papers or proceed with any sale of our marital home? I understand that he will be in contempt, but what can I do now?
You will have to take it to court to get the judge to force him to sign the papers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">