• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Merit System Protection Board (MSPB)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaiser ActobogG

What is the name of your state? California

I applied for a federal clerical position a number of years ago, and when I filed out my application and sensitive position questionnaire I was told that I had falsified some answers on them. I said no, my father had been a past federal employee and I had answered the questions as I remembered the situations. The result was that I was debarred from competitive employment for three years.

I took this debarment to an MSPB hearing. The hearing judge wouldn't let me produce any witnesses on my behalf, and efforts were made to keep me from introducing my evidence. I tried to have the judge disqualified, but was unsuccessful. I lost the hearing, and although I appealed this decision to the Clerk of the Board and the federal court, my debarment remained in place.

I received job opening announcements during this debarment, which I couldn't respond to as I was non-competitive. After the debarment was over, when I was again competitive, the job position that I applied for was discontinued.

I had taken the 300-C series clerical battery. I still have copies of my result (I did good, it was an easy test. My guess is that I had one of the highest scores on record). I was notified that all records of test results were to be destroyed by the government, and the field was no longer.

I took this test back when the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) was open, right around the time they had the federal layoff. Obviously they still have clerical positions, but their hiring practices are different, a clerical skills test isn't given like how it was then.

My question is something like this. In retrospect it appears that the OPM tried to get me into trouble, by offering my job positions when it knew that I was debarred. It didn't appear so at the time, but when my debarment was over, they immediately discontinued the job field. Was this some type of reprisal against suspected whistle-blowing? The obivious answer is of course not, the times are just coincidental. But I have had interference in my job search in the private sector, in non-civil service postitions that leads me to believe otherwise. Is this a standard whistle blower response?

You Are Guilty

Kaiser ActobogG said:
What is the name of your state? California

I applied for a federal clerical position a number of years ago, and when I filed out my application and sensitive position questionnaire I was told that I had falsified some answers on them. I said no, my father had been a past federal employee and I had answered the questions as I remembered the situations. The result was that I was debarred from competitive employment for three years.

I took this debarment to an MSPB hearing. The hearing judge wouldn't let me produce any witnesses on my behalf, and efforts were made to keep me from introducing my evidence. I tried to have the judge disqualified, but was unsuccessful. I lost the hearing, and although I appealed this decision to the Clerk of the Board and the federal court, my debarment remained in place.

I received job opening announcements during this debarment, which I couldn't respond to as I was non-competitive. After the debarment was over, when I was again competitive, the job position that I applied for was discontinued.

I had taken the 300-C series clerical battery. I still have copies of my result (I did good, it was an easy test. My guess is that I had one of the highest scores on record). I was notified that all records of test results were to be destroyed by the government, and the field was no longer.

I took this test back when the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) was open, right around the time they had the federal layoff. Obviously they still have clerical positions, but their hiring practices are different, a clerical skills test isn't given like how it was then.

My question is something like this. In retrospect it appears that the OPM tried to get me into trouble, by offering my job positions when it knew that I was debarred. It didn't appear so at the time, but when my debarment was over, they immediately discontinued the job field. Was this some type of reprisal against suspected whistle-blowing? The obivious answer is of course not, the times are just coincidental. But I have had interference in my job search in the private sector, in non-civil service postitions that leads me to believe otherwise. Is this a standard whistle blower response?

I love you. You have such clarity and insight not usually seen in the general public. Have you ever considered that perhaps these gifts need to be realized further, in a setting outside these clerical positions you're seeking? Maybe something along the lines of... superhero? Think about it. The world needs your help. Best of luck.

Kaiser ActobogG

BlondiePB said:
No, you're just inept.

And, to quote another thread that's been closed (yesterday, while I was filing out applications), no, you're not getting any more "shots" in. Your real answers are the "shots," your accusations are just cover-ups.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">