• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adult step-parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Craig13241

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California - My adult son (19) wishes to be adopted by my wife (his step-mother). His biological parent is alive and uninvolved but will never agree to the adoption. Do we need her consent? What specific legal forms do we need to submit to the court?

Craig

LdiJ

Craig13241 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California - My adult son (19) wishes to be adopted by my wife (his step-mother). His biological parent is alive and uninvolved but will never agree to the adoption. Do we need her consent? What specific legal forms do we need to submit to the court?

Craig
No, her consent is not needed. However her consent is also not needed for anything else in his life at this point either. You might want to give him some time to really think through the decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">