• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent Enlistment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesterpsu99

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Here's a basic synopsis of what occured. I was in the Navy from 92 - 94. I got in trouble like a reject and popped hot on a pee test. I received a general under honorable, and at age 22 went back to school. I subsequently earned a BA, JD and a teaching credential and am currently licensed to teach...waiting to retake the bar as well.

What happened was that I got a call from a CAARNG recruiter in July 2003. I told him what happened to me (what I did)and I gave him my DD214 to look over and he told me that once I conformed to body fat that he would put a waiver packet through. I worked out hard for 5 months, got into shape, went to MEPS and passed the physical. When the moment to do my waiver packet came in Dec 2003, my recruiter told me that the waiver might be difficult to obtain, so I should craft a statement requestion a waiver for Missing Formation. My discharge paperwork has all the pertinent info although it says "Misconduct" only, not "Misconduct, Drug Abuse". The SPD code and all that were all correct. I was in a weak moment and listened to the advice and put through the packet--successfully! I enlisted, drilled for several months and even went to 27D school at Ft Jackson SC. I completed 27D school and was MOSQ. Then the hammer came down from the State AG. The State AG chaptered me. I tried to explain how everything went down and they just said "oh well." I got a General Under Honorable for Fraudulent Enlistment. I could live with this if I was given an RE-3...but they RE-4'd me as well. I was on a "try one", with only 4 months left, with no NJPs on my current contract. Everyone held me in high esteem and I felt that deserved a look at a waiver, as I felt that I was a meritorious case in that I changed my life after the Navy Debacle. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to pursue this at the ADRB or BMCR? I think that if regs had been followed, either I would not have gotten in at all or a proper waiver would have been done. The recruiting command for the CAARNG obviously ignored their regulations in processing my enlistment as they are supposed to "hard verify' all info on the 214 to match up info on any waiver, etc, etc. I don't think I am completely innocent; I just feel that I was not done as fairly and equitably as could have been done. Please respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">