• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stoney nanny

What is the name of your state? California
Walking home from the store, I was stop, search, handcuff,and arrested
on Felony Drug charge,I was given a 10,000 dollar bail. I WAS arrested
on Feb. 16 and had a March 10th court date. My family put up their
property and 1,000 to bail me out of jail. I went to court on March 10th
and was told by the court that THERE WAS NO CASE FILED ON ME.
I lost the 1,000 dollars to the bail bondsman . WHAT CAN I DO ?
CAN I FILD A FALSE ARREST CASE ON THE SHERIFF DEPT?

THANKS ALMA PERKINS

ENASNI

Huh?

You had drugs on you... you were arrested... for some reason you are not in prison... and you want to mess with it...

Yeah... go ahead. :rolleyes:

n_and

I agree...HUH!?

Walking home from the store, I was stop, search, handcuff,and arrested
Okay, got that.

I was given a 10,000 dollar bail. I WAS arrested
That day you were arrested, taken to the police station, and had your bail posted....right? I'm basing this on you didn't spend the night and were given a further off court date.

I went to court on March 10th
and was told by the court that THERE WAS NO CASE FILED ON ME.
I lost the 1,000 dollars to the bail bondsman . WHAT CAN I DO ?
If this is honestly what happened....you need to see if you have a warrant. You don't get arrested on a felony drug charge and then no one follows up on anything that needed to be filed and a court date.

And if it so happens that for some reason, you were never 'followed up on' why in God's name would you be so gung-ho on pressing a law suit on the police department?

n_and

One more thing.

What does the paperwork you recieved say...you must have got something upon your release.

CdwJava

No charges does not mean no probable cause for the arrest. if you really want to explore the option of a civil action, consult an attorney. Without sufficient details, we have no way to know if the stop or the arrest were proper or not.

You may have simply gotten lucky and the DA decided the case was weak so he opted not to file.

- Carl

F

Fat Tony

And you would have lost the $1000 anyway. You wouldnt have gotten that money back, even if you had gone to court and found not guilty. Consider it a blessing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">