• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance settlement payout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ifirgit

What is the name of your state? My granddaughter, who lived with her mother in Michigan at the time of the accident, was visiting with her father at one of their friend's home. My granddaughter fell off of a monkey bar and broke her arm. Her father, who shares joint legal custody, took her to the hospital for treatment. Because he was friends with the people whom owned the property, a settlement was paid to him. We do not know what was paid. We would like to know what the terms are to the settlement as well as the dollar amount. Mom had both physical custody and joint-legal custody (still does) yet know one seems to want to tell her anything. At one point there was an issue of the step-mother signing paperwork representing herself as the mother. What are my daughter's rights and where can she go to get answers?

jity

ifirgit said:
What is the name of your state? My granddaughter, who lived with her mother in Michigan at the time of the accident, was visiting with her father at one of their friend's home. My granddaughter fell off of a monkey bar and broke her arm. Her father, who shares joint legal custody, took her to the hospital for treatment. Because he was friends with the people whom owned the property, a settlement was paid to him. We do not know what was paid. We would like to know what the terms are to the settlement as well as the dollar amount. Mom had both physical custody and joint-legal custody (still does) yet know one seems to want to tell her anything. At one point there was an issue of the step-mother signing paperwork representing herself as the mother. What are my daughter's rights and where can she go to get answers?
Each lawful parent could accept a settlement based on injuries to their child. I would guess we are not talking about millions here - she (the child) has no job, you did or did not state that she is okay now (which means she is probably fine) she fell, like most kids do - He probably got paid enough in the settlement to cover her medical bills and nothing more. Next post can address the warfare of your granddaughter instead of the money? You would come off more caring and more forgiving of an accident!!!! No soup for you or your daughter.
:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">